Monday, April 18, 2011

I document them because I want to be them.

Let's take a moment to discuss another of my favourite things about Korea. 

These particular breeds flock to popular entertainment and shopping spots, like Myeongdong in Seoul, or Nampodong in Busan. The first time I saw them was at Lotte World, while waiting in line for a particularly awesome ride. My good friend Lauren and I have sacrificed our dignity time and time again to be photographed with them on trains, busy streets and park benches. 

I'm talking of course about the Korean Matching Couple. Googling tells me this phenomenon exists in China as well, but I have seen some beautiful specimens on the shores of the Land of the Morning Calm. Witness:




And the coup de grace:
Matching QUARTET!
Unfortunately as it's barely spring, the full glory of the matching couple is not on display. When I finally capture the complete shoes-pants-shirts-hats combination I'll be posting it right here. Until then, enjoy these Google images and likeminded blogs, I sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment