Monday, October 18, 2010

Cosmos

It's well and truly autumn here (I should say 'fall', Koreans look at me like I'm a freak when I say 'autumn') and there are flowers lining the roadsides. They're a type of aster called 'Cosmos bipinnatus' or 'co-su-mo-su' if pronounced with a Korean accent.



My co-teacher told me that Cosmos flowers are considered dangerous - because they're on the side of the road, some children have been injured while picking them. The bushes are big enough to hide in (taller than me) and Korean roads tend to be fairly narrow - so children pick the flowers, run out on the the road and.... too much information?! On that cheery note, the flowers are beautiful and my photographs don't do them justice.


1 comment:

  1. Up in a post... on http://expatabundance.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete